St. Joseph Monastery
24 Hour Monastic Life Experience
November 9 – 10, 2012
January 11 – 12, 2013
March 8 – 9, 2013
May 17 – 18, 2013
The Benedictine way of life is a continual seeking of God. Through prayer, ministry and communal living, we open ourselves daily to God and God's will. The decision to accept God's call to monastic life is not an easy one and you must choose the path that is best for you.
For women considering entrance to the monastic community, a process of prayer and discernment may be appropriate, depending on the individual's own situation and support of the vocation director. If you are interested in learning more about Benedictine life or about discerning your own vocation, please contact us.
- Age: 21-40 (Consideration for 41-45)
- Work/Education/Volunteer Experience: 3 years (preferably with a degree)
- No dependent children
- Active member of a Catholic parish
- If a convert to Catholic church, must have been a member for at least three years
- If previously married, five years must have passed since becoming a widow or a divorcee (only if marriage was annulled)